Thank god you finally thought of it. Nicotine is the most addictive, effective and harmful chemical available all around the world. Smoking is harmful for smoker and non-smoker as well if exposed near smoke. Due to smoking lots of people die each year. It’s a difficult task to quit smoking but it not impossible.
Since you are aware of its effects and harm already, here are few tips and tricks on how to get around of smoking and quit it normally. How to quit smoking ? Seriously ? Follow these steps if you seriously want to quit smoking.
- Help Yourself: You know smoking is bad for your health. Build your mind and make strong believe that you can stop smoking from now onwards. At least set a goal for 20 days you won’t smoke. Build your willpower and believe on you that it is possible for you to quit smoking. Help yourself to build real you. Know your believe make strong commitment and stay on it.
- Tell your Near Ones: Tell your near ones with whom you are in touch or meet in daily basis from your parents to your friends and colleagues in office that you are quitting smoking from today. Let them know that you mean it this time. Even you can offer them a prize if they found you smoking they will get $1000. These steps make you strong and since they are your near ones and they are with you most of the time you won’t get time/chance to smoke.
- Avoid Smoking route: Stop hanging out with your smoker friends. Throw lighters, cigarette and other stuff that pulls you to smoke. Don’t go near to the smoker in public area try to avoid it whenever you can and whatever it takes. Remember again it’s not cigarette that comes to you it’s you who want to go. Believe in your willpower and stay on your commitment.
- Make a Group: If you have other friend who smokes with you tell them to join you. Come up with ideas to do some new things in group. Start playing basketball, football or other games. It makes you and your group more powerful and help to stand on your route.
- Get Back and Stand Up: Sometime you may slip down and tried to smoke. It will be hard for you for few days. Get back again and stand up on your route. Start again the same routine that you were following to quit smoking. Whenever you slip get back and stand stronger.
- Control It: If you are heavy smoker it’s impossible for you to stop at once. If you can’t stop once then slow down try not to smoke as heavy as you used to do normally cut every cigarette as much as possible every time and even try not to finish the whole cigarette every time you smoke.
- Calculate: Calculate your daily cigarette intake and check the down flow of cigarette regularly if you are heavy smoker and quitting in slow mode. Decrease the cigarette amount daily and each time. Make track of intake and calculate how you are doing with it. It gives you strength and motivates you to minimize the intake of cigarette.
- Replace the Crave: Since there is Nicotine in cigarette it pushes you to take just a puff only. So try to replace it with good warm tea or coffee or even milk (Why not?) Every time you feel crave inside drink a replacement liquid. Gradually your crave starts getting low and you will feel free.
- Never think about it: Stop thinking of smoking again. Though you see people smoking and you too wish to smoke. Stop thinking about it. Don’t even notice those people who are smoking look other side of the road where children are playing. Make your mind free of thought which pushes you to smoke or makes you think for smoking.
- Question Yourself: Once you cross 7 days without a cigarette ask yourself a question do you want to go back? And the answer would be “no.” If you stop for 7 days why can’t you stop for whole life? Make in your mind it never happened and live normal life.
Advantages: Once you stop smoking you will have great advantages.
-You face will be fresh and clean.
-Your Breath won’t be foul.
-You will save money that you were spending on cigarette.
-You will be free from Nicotine which is the most harmful, effective drugs in the world. &
-You will remain healthy and you won’t be counted on those who died of smoking LOL.
As always Love your life and live your life. Comment below if you have any other tips and tricks on how to quit smoking.